The key learning objectives are:
- when planning to cook, the time of day, person and occasion need to be considered;
- there is a variety of ingredients that can be used for cooking;
- there are lots of different pieces of equipment used in cooking, some of which have special jobs;
- it is important to store, prepare and cook food safely and hygienically;
- there are a number of basic food skills which enable a variety of dishes to be made.
The resources in this section meet the Guidelines for producers and users of school education resources about food.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?