What is the purpose of FFL's Knowledge organisers?
• To provide pupils with key facts and what they should know and can do at each age phase.
• To provide an opportunity to learn, check and extend knowledge.
• To develop key subject specific vocabulary/terminology.
• To provide an outline of knowledge and skills that should be taught at each age phase.
• To provide consistency between teaching colleagues in the same school or group of schools.
• To support new, less-experienced and non-specialist teachers.
• To save teachers time and reduce workload.
The topic areas for these Knowledge organisers are Healthy Eating, Cooking, Where food comes from and Food commodities. Further Food commodities Knowledge organisers will be added over the next few months.
Note: The 5-7 and 7-11 Knowledge organisers can be printed in black and white or colour and also in A4 or A3. We recommend that the 11-14 and 14-16 Knowledge organisers are printed in A3 (black and white or colour) due to the level of content.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?